Skip to content

Just Keep Showing Up…

May 10, 2011

Just keep showing up when the clean laundry you piled on the sofa [because you're too busy to fold it] becomes your husband’s favorite seat, post-workout.

Just keep showing up when the second-rate blender you’re too cheap to replace erupts and splatters green juice all over the kitchen.

Just keep showing up when your “green cleanse” is thwarted by two consecutive nights of olive oil-drenched garlic bread and pinot noir.

…[and dark chocolate].

Just keep showing up when the break-out of the century has you resort to Noxema pads which ultimately peel your insanely-sensitive skin raw and leave you looking like a raccoon.

Just keep showing up when your body aches.

Just keep showing up when you haven’t prepared to teach class.

Just keep showing up when things aren’t what you expected.

Just keep showing up when the last thing you want to do is show up.

When you feel you have nothing left, just keep showing up. You won’t regret it. Keep practicing – on and off your mat.

When do you just keep showing up?

About these ads
18 Comments leave one →
  1. May 10, 2011 9:59 am

WORK is when I just keep showing up! =) But I do it…

2. May 10, 2011 10:22 am

Loved reading this today, thank you!!

3. May 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks for the motivation and inspiration today! Sometimes we need a reminder and a little kick in the butt!

4. May 10, 2011 12:39 pm

I just keep showing up at this class in Riverdale that seldom has more than one person in it- but that one person keeps showing up, so…keep posting, FL Sister!

• May 10, 2011 2:28 pm

And what a difference it makes to that one person that you keep showing up! :) xox

5. May 10, 2011 2:22 pm

i just keep showing up even when my negative self talk tells me i’m not good enough to do so.

• May 10, 2011 2:27 pm

You go, VV! We all have those negative, second-guessing voices. Just keep showing up :)

6. May 10, 2011 4:46 pm

I keep showing up even when I feel discouraged with my current life/work situation.

7. May 11, 2011 10:08 am

Great post. I think the universe is trying to tell me something. I have been way too, hard on myself lately. Instead of celebrating the small victories, I am feeling crushed. Thank you for the reminder to keep at it.

• May 11, 2011 10:35 am

We fight enough battles without getting down on ourselves. Just keep plugging away and be your own cheerleader, not foe! :-)

8. May 11, 2011 4:01 pm

drive. passion. the inability to accept anything less than the best. ;)

Trackbacks

1. Happy Hump-asana Day: Salamba Sarvangasana / Supported Shoulder Stand « Vogue Yogini
  2. The Yoga of Writing [and the Writing of Yoga] « Vogue Yogini
  3. The Yoga of Writing (and the Writing of Yoga). ~ Amanda Niznik | elephant journal